Henrik Skovsgaard of the ITU Gaze Group successfully defended his PhD thesis “Noise Challenges in Monomodal Gaze Interaction” at the IT University of Copenhagen on the 13th December 2011. The PhD thesis can be downloaded here.
- An assessment of a low-cost open-source gaze tracker and two eye tracking systems through an accuracy and precision test and a performance evaluation.
- Development and evaluation of a novel innovative 3D typing system with high tolerance to noise that is based on continuous panning and zooming.
- Development and evaluation of novel selection tools that compensate for noisy input during small-target selections in modern GUIs.
This thesis may be of particular interest for those working on the use of eye trackers for gaze interaction and how to deal with reduced data quality. The work in this thesis is accompanied by several software applications developed for the research projects that can be freely downloaded from the eyeInteract appstore (http://www.eyeinteract.com).
- Associate professor John Paulin Hansen - ITU Copenhagen (main supervisor)
- Associate professor Dan Witzner Hansen - ITU Copenhagen (secondary supervisor)